Job Description: Executive Assistant at New Media Ventures
New Media Ventures is a small organization with a huge vision to find, fund and support media and tech startups driving progressive change. We are a network of forward thinking funders and investors, we are pioneering new ways of supporting some of the most innovative startups in the progressive sector. We recognize that social change often requires political action, and we fund entrepreneurs who are unafraid to pull the lever of politics to make an impact.
We do all this with a tiny staff and nimble organization, and we are looking for a stellar assistant who will help us keep the trains running on time. This role is critical to ensuring that New Media Ventures runs smoothly and efficiently, particularly as we look to grow and scale our work.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work with our fiscal sponsor to submit expense reports, execute contracts, pay vendors and track our budget
- Manage Salesforce, enter data and generate reports to ensure we accurately track our fundraising and fund allocation work
- Support the Executive Director and staff as needed by buying office supplies, scheduling meetings, troubleshooting IT problems and helping organize exceptional events
Basically, you will be responsible for supporting the organization so we become a fantastically well oiled machine.
A bit more about you:
- Administrative experience, Salesforce experience a plus
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive. IT expertise a plus.
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership, with a hardcore work ethic
- Eager to learn quickly and continuously improve
- Experience organizing events a plus
- Knowledge of progressive politics a plus
- Comfortable in a startup environment, sense of humor a must
The contract position is part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) with potential for more as the organization grows. It is based in San Francisco, at the New Media Ventures office in Impact Hub SF.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to Julie Menter at email@example.com, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.