Want to join our team? We’re hiring an Executive Assistant starting ASAP.
New Media Ventures is a small organization with a huge vision to find, fund and support media and tech startups driving progressive change. We are a fund and a network of forward thinking funders and investors pioneering new ways of supporting some of the most innovative startups in the progressive sector. We recognize that social and environmental change often requires political action, and we fund entrepreneurs who are unafraid to pull the lever of politics to make an impact.
We do all this with a tiny staff and nimble organization, and we are looking for a stellar assistant who will keep the trains running on time. This role is critical to ensuring that New Media Ventures runs smoothly and efficiently, particularly as we grow and scale our work in this election year.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Submit expense reports, execute contracts and pay vendors
- Manage our data including in Salesforce and Google Drive, enter data and generate reports to ensure we accurately track our fundraising and investment work
- Support the Executive Director and staff by scheduling meetings, troubleshooting IT problems, buying office supplies and helping organize exceptional events
- Work on other projects as necessary such as helping organize our annual Summit, researching vendors, printing communications materials and more depending on your skills and expertise
- Help keep our office a place we love to come work everyday
Basically, you will be responsible for keeping the organization a fantastically well-oiled machine.
A bit more about you:
- Administrative experience, Salesforce experience a plus
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive. IT expertise a plus.
- Strong sense of initiative and ownership, with a hardcore work ethic
- Interest in progressive politics a plus
- Comfortable in a startup environment, sense of humor a must
The position is part-time, 20 hours per week, starting as soon as possible. It is based in San Francisco, at the New Media Ventures office in the Impact Hub SF. New Media Ventures provides competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to Julie Menter at email@example.com, with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.