[UPDATED August 2, 2017: New Media Ventures has made three additional investments as part of our pledge to move $1 Million to progressive organizations this year. The new companies are AerialSpaces, Daily Action and Hustle.]
We are excited to announce that we have committed $1 million to a new cohort of progressive startups working at the intersection of tech, media, and politics.
After receiving more than 500 applications during our “Resist and Rebuild” open call for funding (up from 100 last year!), we narrowed down the field to 17 and are delighted to be investing in the following startups:
- AerialSpaces: a full-service virtual event SaaS platform helping orgs & brands of all sizes reach global audiences in mass
- Amplify: a mobile app for grassroots groups that gets members in the habit of taking their group’s recommended actions and cheering each other on
- Daily Action: an SMS-based app empowering >270k citizens to call Congress with a quick swipe of the phone
- Flippable: turning America blue by building a movement to flip states
- Hustle: working to scale &