New Media Ventures empowers entrepreneurs to solve problems that matter. We are the first national network of angel investors supporting media and tech startups that disrupt politics and catalyze progressive change. We look for scalable, revenue-generating, tech startups that create long-term political impact beyond any one election cycle.
Our investors want to get closely involved with young organizations – as lead investors, advisors, or board members– to ensure that these startups have the human and financial capital they need to succeed.
We don’t just facilitate investments– we’re building a new market to bring innovation to politics.
New Media Ventures’ Director is Christie George, and our Program Manager is Lindsey Franklin. The advisory board consists of:
- Mike Mathieu, Founder, FrontSeat.org
- Rob McKay, Board Chair, Democracy Alliance
- Julie Kohler, Executive Vice President and COO, Democracy Alliance
- John Schwartz, Founder, Free Speech TV
- Sandor Straus, Managing Director, Merfin LLC, President, Firedoll Foundation
- Felicia Wong, Senior Vice President Investment Services, Democracy Alliance
External Advisors include:
- James Rucker, Co-Founder, Citizen Engagement Lab
- Matt Ewing, former Political Director, MoveOn.org
- John Johnson, Co-Founder, Buzzfeed.com
Ultimately, New Media Ventures aims to help investors support projects that increase citizen engagement and participation, creating lasting social change.