We are now accepting applications for the 2016 New Media Ventures Summer Fellowship.
NMV Summer Fellows are MBA students who are either currently attending business school or have just graduated. They will spend the summer 2016 with the New Media Ventures team (exact dates are flexible).
This is a great opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and get practical experience in venture impact investing. You will:
- Create a system to measure New Media Ventures’ impact and conduct an initial evaluation of our portfolio’s impact
- Help conduct diligence on mission-driven start-ups
- Strengthen our community of entrepreneurs, investors and partners by organizing events, writing on our blog and through 1:1 conversations
- Work with a team of kick-ass, passionate people at the cutting edge of impact investing
You want to use your sharp analytical skills to evaluate business models, and are lit up by the opportunity to drive social change. You are intrigued by the whole idea of progressive impact investment. You are a problem solver who thrives in fast-paced, ambiguous environments. You are low-ego, willing to roll-up your sleeves and do whatever needs to get done.
The ideal candidate has the following characteristics:
- MBA candidate or recent graduate from top-tier business school
- Experience with start-ups, from the investor or entrepreneur side
- Expertise in technology and/or media
- Strategic and analytical mindset, with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge and passion about progressive politics and/or social entrepreneurship, with an eagerness to learn more
- Self-motivated problem-solver, organized and deadline-oriented with a hardcore work ethic
- Comfort in a startup environment, sense of humor a must
Consider applying if you skillset matches more than half of the desired characteristics.
The Fellowship is a paid position on site in San Francisco, and based out of the Impact Hub, a co-working space for social changemakers.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “MBA Fellow” in the subject line. Include links to past projects, your Twitter handle and anything else you think we should know.
The application deadline is January 31st. We will follow up with a limited number of candidates for interviews in February.